Happy with what you got
I’m tired of being sick and tired, but it’s so hard trying to live just for today and not worry about the future.
I can only do what I can to make a difference and have got to learn how to let go of what I can’t. Worry will suck the life out of you, then you’re left with nothing, and that’s no good.
By wallowing in self-pity and misery, I’ve neglected the positives in my life and perhaps focusing on those will makes these hard times easier.
I am thankful that:
1. I have a strong marriage and a wonderful husband
2. We have two great kids
3. We have a strong support net of friends and extended family
4. We live in a beautiful part of the country
5. Hubs and I still have jobs
6. We have a home and cars
7. I have some of the best Internet pals
8. My family and I are physically healthy (for the most part.)
9. We have the best, and most loving furry pals
10. My parents and Hubs parents are still with us and healthy
11. I KNOW the answers are ‘out there,’ we’ve just not found them yet
12. Even if my worst fears materialize, we will survive it
I need to stop worrying about what is going to happen next week, next month or even next year. I have to focus on today and what is possible today.
It’s hard. It’s really hard to not worry, to not envision all the ‘what ifs.’ I can’t do anything about those, and it’s killing me. But the constant state of panic that I seem to be in isn’t working for me either.
I’m afraid that my trepidation, and my worry is making matters worse all around too. If I can project a sense of acceptance, a feeling that we can weather this storm whole, some of the anxiety spillage can be mopped up.
Deep breath. It WILL all work out.